Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 3 Day 5

Last day already? Wow time sure flew by and I was sad that today was my last day. I will truly miss the staff at Sardis. They really made me feel like part of the "family." Dr. Powell had apologized earlier in the week for the clinic being "so slow." I told him that it was a good enough pace for me to build upon my skills and the staff were able to give me feedback right away.

I built upon my confidence in blood collection and I realized everyone, no matter what their skill level is, have days where they just can't find that vein. There are times when you just have to "pass the torch" as Dr. Powell described it.

I am still reluctant to answer the phone. I feel like I won't be able to answer a question a client might have or screw up making an appointment for someone. I kind of have to be forced into interacting with clients by someone else because I just won't offer myself up on my own. Me interacting with people is definitely something I will have to continue to work on.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Sardis. It was a huge confidence booster for me but, I realize I still have a long way to go though. I am appreciative for the staff and their patience with me. I learned a lot from each and everyone of them. I intend to keep in touch with the staff over the long term. I owe them that and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment