Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 3 Day 1

A pretty routine Monday at the clinic today. We had a full morning with 4 surgeries: a cryptorhid K9 neuter, a large K9 neuter, a small K9 spay and a feline spay. I induced and intubated all but one. My confidence in anesthesia has grown very much. I just need to build my own procedure/routine to remember to do all that needs to be done when putting an animal on anesthetic without having to be reminded for the odd thing. My confidence has increased in surgical prep as well. I prepped every patient today for sx.

The large K9 neuter had previously suffered from osteomyelitis. The bacteria entered the open growth plates of the radius and ulna in both forelimbs. Dr. Powell diagnosed it by radiographing the dog's forelimbs. He showed me said radiographs today.

No comments:

Post a Comment