Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 2 Day 1

Monday was a good day. I got to do a dental prophy with Lynn supervising me and checking my work. I had fun and Lynn said I did a good job smile I really do enjoy dentistry.

The majority of the rest of my day was spent cleaning and organizing the cupboards and sx pass through in the treatment room.

A female rotti x came into Dr. Tugui with diarrhea. He ordered xrays and Jocelyn assisted him with that. I was busy with a euthanasia with Dr. Powell. The cat we euthanized was very icteric and anemic and very close to passing away on his own. Dr. Powell suspected catastrophic liver failure. The poor kitty was in rough shape and had been sick for a long time before this point. After the euthanasia I was asked in to radiology to pull blood on the dog. I had a bit of trouble initially with Dr. Tugui hovering over me and my confidence plummeted. The last couple of times I have tried to pull blood on other patients I have had difficulties and my confidence is waning.

At the very end of my day Helen came to the back and asked if I would talk to the owner of the dog I did a dental on. Lynn was unavailable. So I went up to the front and talked to the client. I stumbled through a bit but, I think I explained all I needed to her in terms she would understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment