Thursday, February 24, 2011

Practicum Day Three

Day 3 was a bit slow. We had a substantial snow fall in the Fraser Valley overnight and it caused some traffic issues.

Two of our morning appointments were cancelled by clients so that left us with just one sx for the morning. I assisted Dr. Tugui (a recent vet grad from Quebec) during the induction, intubation and neuter. I got to learn a bit more about him.

As soon as I came this morning Jocelyn told me that Jake crashed when Dr. Powell came in last night to check on patients and he was euthanized. It was nice to know that the owner was able to say goodbye before he passed.

With the slow day I did a lot of organizational things, which I enjoy doing. I see a lot of organizing to do in the clinic and I hope I am able to complete some of, if not all of it while I am here. I am used to a highly organized, compartmentalized clinic from where I worked at last summer. The tech there was very organized which I like to be as well. Sardis has limited space and to have more organization would utilize that space more efficiently. Of course I am asking Jocelyn before I set to task with anything.

Tomorrow I am supposed to meet the 4th tech working at the practice and it should be busier.

No comments:

Post a Comment