Tuesday, June 22, 2010

School Story

Should’ve been posted last September...

I left you on a bit of a cliff-hanger didn’t I? Well I assembled the necessary paperwork and got my application into TRU way back in January. And then I did a lot of waiting. It wasn’t until the second week of March before I was notified that I had made the short list and that I was to attend an orientation session at the end of the month. During this session we were to take a math test to assess where our skills were at. And GASP! There were no calculators permitted. I pretty much freaked out because I just knew they were also going to use the mark to help determine admission to the program. So I had some brushing up on elementary math to do.

I put on my best business-y clothes and went to the orientation session. We were taken on a tour of the AHT Building by some of the first years and one of the instructors talked to us about what we could expect from the program. We also had the opportunity to talk with a faculty member to answer any questions we had. I didn’t really have particular questions but I thought I couldn’t hurt. I pretty much asked what my chances were with my experience. I was worried I didn’t have the right experience. I had no dog/cat experience all I had was wildlife rehab

I maybe should have mentioned in my last post that I got into the AHT program here in Kamloops at TRU.

No comments:

Post a Comment